Saturday 10 January 2015

Up-cycled Denim Apron - Donna Salazar Designs - CHA Jan 2015

Hi again lovelies... I have some more CHA yummies to share with you today!

I really can't remember being so excited about a NEW release as I have this one.  I love adding textiles to my work and to have all these fabulous clean, but grungy elements waiting to be played with and transformed got my mojo running again!  Hey, I even got the sewing machine out!

When I opened my parcel of the NEW releases by Donna Salazar with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L there was instant love!  The NEW Denim Sheets and Canvas Flags were just what I'd been waiting for to finish this up-cycled denim apron I started about 8 months ago!

I frayed the edges of the sheets and banners a little to match the very frayed uneven edges of my apron.  {Can't sew a straight line equals distressed and frayed edges as a unique Mistra style, and I like it like that - LOL}

I stitched the Denim Sheets and Canvas Flags together onto some of the NEW Lace Ribbon, and then have stitched this to my apron.  Aside from fraying edges, I've kept the finish clean... mainly because this apron is going to have it's own colours added as I work in it!  It will never look this clean again, I'm sure.


I created this cute little flower from some of the NEW Canvas Ribbon, this blue one is lovely and soft, like old worn chambray... it's beautiful to work with.


And I also created another flower in the same design style, using the NEW Organza Ribbon.  It's a lovely soft organza, so it too worked so well for creating the handmade flower!


I'm still creating away with all the new products, pushing how grungey I can make all these gorgeous textiles... so far, they're holding up to everything I can throw at them, love it!!   If you're lucky enough to be at CHA, look for  Donna to see IRL just how fabulous her new yummies are... and say hi from me.  Hopefully next year I'll be able to say hi myself!!  Thanks for stopping in again today, see you soon!

 photo Signature250_zpsdd4c2565.png

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment