Wednesday 3 October 2012

Darren's Creative Studio - Tomorrow's Memories


I have had these snaps of Darren's little creative zone for a while, wanting to scrap them but just needing the right papers.  Tomorrow's Memories had the perfect papers just waiting for me, Prima's new Craftsman Collection!  As soon as I saw them I knew they'd be perfect.  


Teamed up with Dusty Attic's Cogs it all came together perfectly, love that!


The chipboard was lightly inked with Mix'd Media Inx, just Truffle and Patina - these inks are so easy to work with, they are so perfect for blending.  


I also inked the paper edges with the Truffle Ink to grunge it all up that little more.


I added some stitching in hemp twine, I wanted something rougher and man styled so I sewed it so the back of the stitches show, such a cool look for these grungier layouts.  


The only other embellishment it needed was a strip of Green Tara Coloured Jute ribbon {not all ribbons are girly} and it was done - simple and uncluttered, with that fabulous paper doing all the work!

Thanks for visiting, take care and
Photobucket

Products used {stock available through Tomorrow's Memories are in bold}:

Patterned Paper:
Prima Craftsman Collection -Tool of the Trade, Mechanic, Gear Up

Chipboard:
Dusty Attic Jumbo Cogs
Dusty Attic Cogs 2
Dusty Attic Bookman ABC Set

Ink:
Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx - Truffle, Patina

Punches:
Martha Stewart Flourish Lace

Other:
Green Tara 25mm Coloured Jute Ribbon - Camel
Hemp Twine
Dymo Label Maker

2 comments: