Saturday 7 February 2015

The Sweet Life - Design My 6 Challenge #1

My lovely and mega talented friend Michelle Grant has been jumping from strength to strength lately, she's not only started her first online course - Designed By You - but she's also revealed one of her little dreams - Design My 6.   

But anyways... today I want to share what I created for her first challenge at Design My 6!  I was commenting on the other girls work and was so inspired to just get out of bed {I've got a cold and was planning on spending the day in bed} and play!  So I did!

This is the challenge...


And here is what created itself!  I've incorporated a little bit of what I have learned about myself from her Design by You course... that I am now learning to live the sweet life, one day at a time.  The sweet life doesn't have to involve riches and fortune, it's about enjoying every little blessing you have right now!


I'm also so happy that I have finally found my style with the inky painty backgrounds... it's not to drip, it's to blend!   So I managed the Chocolate, Mint and White with no problem.  I've used some old Heidi Swapp paper I've been coveting for a while, it was perfect.  


I've used craft foils on the chipboard, it's hard to see as it blends in but I managed to catch a shimmer of it here on the chippy negative {and that's my negative component LOL}


There's staples!  Oooh and there's the craft foil on the little butterflies!


And I've used stamps... this one a BoBunny one that I've not used!  And there's paint in the background, white gesso and some Golden Raw Umber.


So it was such fun, there's also product challenges to combat 'craftaccumulitis' and theme challenges as well to get your creative energies flowing, and on top of that there's a new growing community of beautiful supportive ladies sharing and caring.  Why not pop over and check it out on Facebook HERE!
If you're looking for a course to help you unlock and define your style and gain confidence in the scrapbooking industry why not sign up for her next course!  I've been doing her course, it's just finished it's first week... and she's good, yep, she gets right down to the nitty gritty in helping you get right to the source of what you might feel is holding you back from being everything you want to be creatively!  She'll be advertising the next round soon, on her Facebook Page HERE and in her online store HERE.  Don't forget to not only click "Like" but also to tick "Get Notifications" so you don't miss new posts coming through!
 photo Signature250_zpsdd4c2565.png

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment