Sunday 27 January 2008

OK... some words would be good to put with these hey! Did a quick upload and then took off to the movies with Kel... as ya do!

Alrighty... been CC'ing @ ScrapWitch this weekend and for once managed to do 4 LO's, chat, sleep in, have nanna naps and entertain... WTG me!! LOL!! So here's the rundowns:


Bird Theme Challenge
1. Use the one of the following quotes as the theme for your page:
- "Birds of a feather flock together"
-"The early bird gets the worm" ~American Proverb
- "A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song." ~Chinese Proverb
-"Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best. " ~Henry Van Dyke

2. Use at least one bird/owl/feather embellishment on your LO. If you don't have anything in your stash, create a handmade one.

I used Autum Leaves French Twist PP, K&CO Addison PP, Jenni Bowlin Studios RubOns, Creative Imaginations Diecut PP, Autumn Leaves Stamp, Heidi Swapp Lemonade Stand Alphas. I think it looks a bit muddy, but I'm happy with it enough.


This one was Jill being evil!

Random PP/Quote/Triangle Challenge
1. Walk over to your PP stash. Close your eyes. Run your fingers back and forth over your stash. STOP!!! Open your eyes. The PP under your index finger is the one you're going to use on this LO. It can be a whole sheet, or just a scrap. Now choose your c/stock, photos & embies to suit.
2. Use this quote on your page.
"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."
3. Use at least 3 triangular embellishments on your page.


Of course I blindly chose the so NOT Mistra paper in the pack... the pink floral dimity print. So I scraplifted one of Penny Hackney's LO's because she uses this sweet paper so well! So I've doodled and hand cut and it took me hours!! My triangular embies were right outside of the square... I've made flowers with triangle shaped petals, done a triangle journaling area and used the triangle design rule for the placement of embellishments.


This one was a mini step by step... was fun and I really like the simplicity of it!



This one was a challenge in honour of Heath Ledger:

Heath Challenge
Create a scrapbooking LO that has:

H - Hook, hanger or holder
E - Edges (inked or torn)
A - Arrows
T - Tag or ticket
H - "Holiday" or "Healthy"...(use either word as a theme or in your page title)

I used the specifications to make a cover page for my holiday album. Here I've used Scenic Route Asheville PP's


This one I did during the week at the Scrapping Around Summer Camp... was a lot of online fun during the week, I didn't get many LO's done because of work and a back that was being naughty but I had fun chatting with the girls and playing 'pretend'.

We had to use a photo of ourself with tshirt, hat and sunscreen, blue or yellow cardstock background, geometric shapes and journaling in 2 positions. Again I have used Scenic Route Ashville! I think I have to admit that Scenic Route is fast becoming my Basic Grey for the 'old' reliable paper!!



4 comments:

  1. hey mistra, boy do i love ya style your one groovy chicky babe, your one of my favorite scrapperz love love love ya work be well c ya . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant work as always Mistra.

    I love your designs and colour schemes. Your very talented and you give me so much inspiration, thanks.

    I've been having lots of fun over the long week end playing with my new scrap supplies I bought from MadScraps. Glad to report I have a few new layouts in the making.

    Love from Susan McGuire (smiles1965) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual Mistra, your work is inspriring xxx

    Nice photo of you as well (I dont scrap photos of myself) BUT have to start doing them!

    Take care see ya soon at Sharon's house xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome creations Mistra. I love "birds of a feather", such yummy colours and a rich feel to it. And I love your versatility... go girl.

    ReplyDelete