Wednesday 21 November 2012

Love my Jeans - Donna Salazar Designs

Hi everyone!  Today I have a fun layout I created about my jeans!  I LOVE these jeans, I bought them when holidaying in the US, while shopping with Natasha... so not only are they cool {because they have rips and tears, and wear marks AND bling}, they have lasting memories with them as well.


I made some flowers with Donna's Rose Creations Die and used the watercolour paper and kraft labels from the Mix'd Media Stax.  Once cut out the watercolour papers were inked with Patina or Denim Mix'd Media Inx on the edges and the kraft labels sprinkled with Fairy Dust.  I was worried how the Fairy Dust would hold up on the labels after I wet the layers, squished them and then used the heat gun, but they kept their sparkle!!


How cute is this pocket?  It's one of Donna's new Dies - Pockets and Swirls Set - and the stitch marks are pressed into it, sew it's easy to sew!  I inked the die with Denim Mix'd Media Inx and used the embossing mat and plate on the Grand Calibur to 'print' the pocket outline.  Afterwards I then lightly brushed over some Patina Mix's Media Inx, hand sewed the detail and added some bling. 


This pic shows one of the Swirls from the die set, it's a sweet one, just perfect for tucking in behind a flower cluster.  I've also popped in some sweet roses, cherry blossoms and heirloom flowers from Green Tara to accent my handmade flowers.


And I was so excited to actually use Donna's Alpha's Dies, with the printed Botanique Alphas and the GCD Compatibles chipboard Alphas... LOL yeah I know, it's not a new thing but I've not used the 3 together yet and it was so easy!  I also used some of the words from Donna's Snapshot Die set to add to the title line.


I really had fun with this layout... I always do playing with Donna's designs, I think perhaps because she uses so many wonderful visual textures in her papers - like the denim print I have used from the Story Book Collection.

Thanks for visiting, until next time take care and be true to you.


Products Used:


Patterned Paper:
GCD Studios Botanique Collection - Family Portraits, Grandmas Pearls, Alphas
GCD Studios Story Book Collection - Fido

Flowers:
Green Tara Cherry Blossoms, Roses, Heirloom Flowers

Ink:
Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx - Patina, Denim

Dies:
Spellbinders Donna's Alphas, Rose Creations, Pockets & Swirls

Tools/Machines:
Spellbinders Grand Calibur
Zutter Distrezz-it-All

Other:
Clearsnap Fairy Dust Glitter - Mixed Berries
ZVA Rhinestone Lines
Delish Rhinestones, Jute String
White Paper Doily, Invoice Sheet, White Tag


3 comments:

  1. this is so much fun Mistra...LOVE the jeans too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout but I have to go now so I'm coming back for a better peek later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun layout Mistra. LOVE it and your flowers are fabulous. Amazing work. xo Marg

    ReplyDelete