Friday 2 November 2012

In a New York Minute



I had the best fun playing with these "Clippings" papers from Basic Grey.  Usually I'm not into disorganised patterns but with the paper layers and fabulous colours this range grabbed my attention!    I felt they were perfect for this photo of me, sitting in Times Square eating my first New York Hot Dog, subtle flowery tones weren't going to cut it!


I did manage to get in some flowers though, as always Green Tara to the rescue with Roses and Cherry Blossoms.


I've also popped in some flat Green Tara petals behind papers and under the little flower clusters. 


The sweet Stitched Grosgrain helped to tie in the soft flowers with the cluttered background papers.


Delicate Dusty Attic Flutterbies add that little element of 'me' to the layout {because I love butterflies and ADORE these new Dusty ones}.


The title needed a spash of colour, so I chose to mute the tones of the spash of red in the photo using a mix of Holly Berries, TeaParty and CandleGlow SmoochSpritz.


The Cherry Blossoms were originally white, but I have created a matt mist by watering down some aqua toned paint and spraying the flower.  The flowers hold together well and dry nice and quickly with a heat gun.


Thanks for visiting!

Until next time, take care of you...
Mis xo



Products used:

Patterned Paper:
Basic Grey "Clippings"

Chipboard:
Dusty Attic Flutterbies #3
Dusty Attic Bookman ABC Set

Flowers
Cherry Blossom - White FLC22Wh
5.5cm Petals - White PFLP12

Ribbon
3mm Stitched Grosgrain - Ivory/Light Brown RB244Iv/LB

Colour:
Dusty Attic Alabaster and Mountain Meadow Acrylic Paint
Clearsnap Holly Berries, Candle Glow and Tea Party Smooch Spritz
Clearsnap Honey Mix'd Media Inx

Other:
Shipping Tag
Receipt Pads, White Doily
Dymo Caption Maker

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I love the mixture of paper patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get it about disorganised patterns, however you could never tell by this that they were not one of your faves. Beautiful page and those DA Flutterbies look lovely.

    ReplyDelete