Thursday 29 November 2012

Tool Caddy



Jen at Dusty Attic has created a fabulous paint caddy for all the new paints that are coming out... but I'm using mine for my go to tools and adhesives, and some paints... it holds a lot!

I have covered the caddy with Donna Salazar's Spring in Bloom 'White Roses' paper, with the internal part covered in Grandma's Garden paper {the reverse of the Garden Journal Cards}.

One side has the word 'enough' on it... it's a word I chose to hang onto and remind myself of this year, after my hubby gave up work I went into the usual panic mode that accompanies losing half your income each year.  But realising that I have 'enough' is getting me through, helping me to relax a little over our finances and enjoy the blessings we do have, and when you focus on that... you realise you often have more than enough! 


One side I stencilled brickwork with modelling paste, then sprayed it with Smooch Spritz.  Then I added some cute washi tape  to the corners.  The colour was a little dark so I added a light sponging of white paint over the top to help it blend in.


This is my word  that I've been using for a few years now... breathe, to remind myself to breathe when stressed, because I actually hold my breathe when stressed out and then get all dizzy!  


I added some handmade flowers, as well as some Dusty in Bloom, Kaiser and Recollections ones.  The handmade flowers were cut with Donna Salazar's Peony Creations Dies, I love the ruffled edges of these.


Among the flowers I've tucked in chipboard flourishes and butterflies.  All the chipboard was painted with white paint and then sprayed with Smooch Spritz... keeping the colour tones all alike.


I so love these new butterflies from Dusty Attic, simply gorgeous!



More closeup snippets...





Products Used:

Patterned Paper
GCD Studios Spring in Bloom - White Roses
Donna Salazar Grandma's Garden - Garden Journal Cards

Chipboard
Dusty Attic Bookman Alpha Set
Dusty Attic Flutterbies #3
Dusty Attic Mini Scrolls
Dusty Attic Corner Flourish #2
Dusty Attic MDF Paint Caddy

Flowers
Dusty in Bloom - Grassy Knoll
Kaiser Paper Blooms - Sage
Recollections Flowers - White
Recollections Resin Flowers - White

Bling
Want2Scrap BYOB

Colour
Clearsnap Smooch Spritz - River Mossy, Ice Rink, Mossy Mist
Dusty in Colour - Alabaster

Other
Gauze, Washi Tape
Mont Marte Modelling Paste

5 comments: