Wednesday 24 November 2010

Loving Steampunk...

in all it's forms!

I LOVED these Graphic 45 papers the 1st time I saw them, quite different to my usual style/choice, but had to have them. Once I had them in my hot little hands though I had no idea how to attack them, or what to use with them!

So I started researching... looking at work by others, which weren't quite me... some were too dark, others too eclectic, nothing jumped out and inspired me [don't get me wrong, there were some stunners out there, but not what I needed to get that creative push]. So anyways, in my travels I immersed myself in the SteamPunk world, fell in love with a band - Abney Park {I now have 3 of their albums}, have bookmarked numerous websites for a new fashion wardrobe {yeah, I'm dreaming} and nabbed heaps of pics that really inspired me.

So months later I create... this:

Not heavy Steampunk but I feel it was suiting the pic of this bookcover that I can't wait to get my hands on... the prequel to a series I loved! But I love this, the TPC Grandma's Attic Embies gave it that bit of metal it needed, a Dusty Attic Lamp {thanks Tina} and new Ornate Corners added to the old London/Clockwork image... and of course the gorgeous Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante papers!


Take care of you.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love it Mistra!! And you won't be disappointed with the book either!! I have not long finished reading it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh awesome Linelle... it's on my wish list for Christmas, won't be long!!

    ReplyDelete