Saturday 10 September 2011

I can see...


clearly now!    Because after many years I have glasses again, now the world looks 3D again LOL!


This LO is a lift of the beautiful Gabrielle Pollacco's layout: The Perfect Pumpkin,  I have done it for the Inspired By challenge that runs at Dusty Attic each fortnight.  I find the best way to learn a new style that you're having trouble with is to lift one of the layouts.  But Gabrielle's style just has that special 'something' and I struggled!!   But I am happy with what I created... and determined to try again to achieve that softness Gabrielle has!



So other than the overall design of Gabrielle's I tried to find things that were 'her' in there.  She sews, so I have hand sewing; she uses {most times} gentle feminine papers, so I found about the most feminine I had at the time; and her chipboard often has that soft shabby chic look so I tried to replicate that also, simple white paint with soft inked edges... so pretty, I think I got that part just right!





The papers I have used are stunning IOD ones, I really love the gentle shabby designs to their paper ranges, such lovely designs.  There's also Prima flowers and Green Tara Roses, Pink Paislee Pebble Button thingy's, BoBunny Trinkets, Prima Pebbles, Prima Lace Trim.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment