Sunday 22 January 2012

CSI Case Study #3


Loving these colour challenges... I didn't get mine done in time for the reveal this week, but am enjoying these so much I still wanted to play!!

This weeks colours were soft and delicious... I adored them!



So I scrapped myself and E... isn't she just gorgeous, inside and out.


I used Donna Salazar's Spring in Bloom and Antiquities papers for this palette, they were perfect, but I only have some 8x8 pads left so needed a background.  While trying to find the 'right' background I decided to create one using some resist Bazzill... but I didn't have the right mists to create such a soft colour palette, however I found something that I feel works even better - Mix'd Media Inx Refillers.  It's a pigment ink so dries slow and doesn't sink right in straight away... which means it gives plenty of time to blend and smoosh them all together to get everything just the way you want them.  I LOVE them!


I finally used Dusty's Lacing Tash, how sweet is this piece?  

It was painted white and then I used Mix'd Media Inx again to get that wonderful colour.  It was sealed with a fine coat of Crackle Accents... nice and simple finish.


Another shot of the Lacing Tash... the gingham ribbon was so sweet and I liked the look of it draped down, so left it that way!


Products used:

Dusty Attic Lacing Tash
Dusty Attic Typewriter Font Alphabet Set
Donna Salazar Spring in Bloom 8x8 Paper Pad for GCD Studios
Donna Salazar Antiquities 8x8 Paper Pad for GCD Studios
Bazzill Resist
Paper Doily
7 Gypsies Tags
Prima Flowers, Paper RosesBrass Charms from Lindy's Stamp Gang
Gingham Ribbon
DMC Thread

Mediums used:
Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx Re-Inkers {Denim, Honey, Chiffon} for Clearsnap
Inkssentials Crackle Accents
Jo Sonya Acrylic Paint {Titanium White}


Tools used:
Donna Salazar Shadow Flowers Die for Spellbinders
Martha Stewart Punches



Thanks for visiting, take care and
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm very pretty indeed!
    Love the lacing with the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep loving the lacing effect too, gorgeous page!
    Also love the previous CSI page with (omg - LOL)colour!!! It's really special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh thanks so much. I really appreciate your kind words

    Hugs
    e

    ReplyDelete