Thursday 26 January 2012

Exquisite - Creative Scrappers #192

Today is Australia Day, a day to celebrate being fabulously Australian... due to the 42 C heat, we chose to stay indoors! Kel played on the computer {when he eventually woke up}, Darren and I watched Series 1 of The Walking Dead and then I scrapped!!  

I've been having fun with the CSI challenges and decided to have a go at a sketch challenge, I haven't done one for ages!  My beautiful friend Natasha is on the team at Creative Scrappers, I had seen this sketch come through on her blog feed, so thought I'd play along with it, and then Natasha challenges me to use 'yellow and cream and kraft', thinking she was being smart - turns out it was just right!


So here's the latest CS Sketch, pretty cool don't you think!


And here is my creation...




I used some left over Dusty Attic Cherry Blossom, the Scroll Border #2 and "Exquisite" from Mini Words #3.  

The Scroll Border #2 was very simply touched with ink on the edges to add an iddy bit of contrast.  

The Cherry Blossom and "Exquisite" were first dabbed with white acrylic paint and while still wet sprayed with Smooch Spritz in Candle Glow and Wood Stain, then covered lightly with crackle accents and dusted with Fairy Dust Glitter in Pralines and Cream.


Lovely Green Tara Roses... and I've also used some crinkled satin edged organza trim popped in under the Dusty Scroll.


The large flowers were handmade using Spellbinders Rose Creation Die by Donna Salazar.  I have used Donna Salazar's Crafty Chronicle and some Green Tara Banana Fibre papers for the flower layers.  

Crafty Chronicle is awesome for flowers, especially my smooshed paper ones as the paper is thinner than usual patterned paper, so it scrunches {aka smooshes} up easily.   And my new favourite 'go to' product, the Banana Fibre paper, cuts easily in the Spellbinders die and creates such gorgeous soft texture, I am LOVING these papers... do you remember having a stash of them years ago, I know I did and ditched them, I'm kicking myself now as they are just so versatile, especially if you are a texture lover like myself!


I've popped in some Websters Pages Sparklers, Postcards and Diecut Sheets, and used some of Kay's beautiful butterflies {check out her Etsy store HERE, soooo nice}, she always has just the right colours, I so love her butterflies.



Thanks for visiting, take care and
Photobucket 


Products used:

Dusty Attic Cherry Blossom

Dusty Attic Scroll Border #2
Dusty Attic Mini Words #3
Green Tara Banana Fibre Paper

Green Tara 3cm Roses
Green Tara 2cm Roses
Green Tara 1.5cm Roses
Green Tara 38mm Crinkle Satin Edged Organza

BoBunny Et Cetera Patterned Papers
7 Gypsies Patterned Paper
Authentique Word Stickers

Websters Pages Postcards, Diecut Sheets & Sparklers
Glitz Design Diecut Card
Pink Paislee Acrylic Element
Pink Paislee Mist.a.ble Journal Card
K&Co "Clearly Yours" Epoxy
Kay's Kreative Butterflies
Crocheted Trim
DMC Thread


Mediums used:
Jo Sonya Acrylic Paint {Titanium White}

Clearsnap Smooch Spritz {Candle Glow & Wood Stain}
Inkssentials Crackle Accents
Fairy Dust Glitter by Donna Salazar {Pralines and Cream}
Ingvild Bolme Chalk Ink {Olive Vine & Dark Bark}



Tools used:
Spellbinders Rose Creations Die by Donna Salazar
Distress Tool

3 comments:

  1. Your page turned out gorgeous Mistra! The colors are perfect! Crushin love on those handmade flowers!!! The cluster arrangement is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg your pages just get better and better! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such as beautiful take on the sketch, I struggled with this sketch as It was so different to what I would do, I had to get my self in head space to do it in my style. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete