Saturday 1 December 2012

Zack and Adriana - Donna Salazar Designs

Hi everyone!  This month it was my turn to scrap some photos for Donna and she sent me these fun ones of her son and his fiancĂ©. 


I have used Donna's Storybook Papers for this one, always such fun to create with... and with Zack pulling a funny face 'serious' papers weren't quite right.


I made a beige flower from the Grand Peony Creations die... I have made a whole basketful in my favourite colours so I've always got them handy!



Donna's Alphas were perfect for this layout.  I have cut them from the alpha sheet with the matching Spellbinders dies and then adhered them over the compatible chipboard alphas from GCD.


I had fun making this little camera!  There is a quick tutorial for this one below...


I even made some Bitty Blossoms to tuck in with the large flower...



Here's how I made the little camera...

You will need:
GCD Mix'd Media Stax - Manilla
Stampers Anonymous Foto Stamp Set
Spellbinders Snapshot Die Set
Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx - Denim
Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx Embossing - Denim


Ink the Camera Stamp with Denim Mix'd Media Inx...



Sprinkle with Denim Mix'd Media Inx Embossing...



... shake off excess but don't emboss yet.


Carefully line up the die.
The stamp conveniently has a die outline so you can line them up with one another with ease.

Pop it through the Grand Calibur Cutting machine, then remove and emboss the powder with a heat gun.   I have embossed it afterwards because on trial runs the embossed areas sometimes lifted off - which is a cool effect in itself!



 Once the embossed area is cooled, ink the cut out camera with more Denim Mix'd Media Inx...


... and then dab with a baby wipe to remove a little colour to create a worn background.  



That's all for today, I hope you find the tutorial helpful!

Until next time, take care and be true to you.
Mis xo




Product used:

Paper:
GCD Studios Storybook - Alphas, Gold Stars, Scribbles

Flowers:
Green Tara Roses

Colour:
Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx - Denim
Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx Embossing - Denim

Bling:
Want2Scrap Nestabling Sprightly Sprockets - White

Dies:
Spellbinders Snapshot, Grand Peony, Bitty Blossoms, Donna's Alphas

Tools:
Spellbinders Grand Calibur
Zutter Distrezz-It-All

Other:
Buttons, Gauze, Dymo Caption Maker, DMC Thread

No comments:

Post a Comment