Thursday 28 February 2008

ATC's and Art Journal

I've been mid-week busy, something I rarely do... but I was in the mood and Kel and Darren were playing games and didn't need me. So I turned msn, internet and emails off and started on my ATC's for the group at sharonmanning.com, they turned out nothing like I first thought, but I think they far better than I imagined. The theme was vintage, so I've done it true Mistra style and chosen then daintier style of vintage. They're not the "Linda style" that I sooooo love, but she's what I call a true artist and I'm a scrapper... so they're my style, either way I happy with them!! Thanks Jen for the ATC history lesson and the 1, 2, 3 rule... it really helped me get my head around them and understand that I was allowed to do it "my" way!! The lace is hand crotcheted {not by me!!} and the pearls are the ones that were threaded through my hair on my wedding day, and also used on the dress.



And here is the first page for my One Word Art Journal... words are prompted by Emily Falconbridge. I'm 8 weeks behind but plan to get caught up at the retreat. So I've decided to plan this one. Got some heavy card from work and some translucent vellum overlays. The word prompt will go on the overlay and then the art will be a 4x4 peice centred on the 8x8 page. I've decided to try and do them ATC style, have a bit of fun and learn some new things along the way... so will show {hopefully} a development of my art techniques as it goes along!



The stamp is my chrissy present from KarenM, the swirls and 2 birds to represent the 2 of us, following the separate paths that eventually bought us togther. The type in the background is the following: I love you. You are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life. The pearls are the ones from above and the red organza represents the hints of colour we had for our wedding and the see through element represents how our relationship has nothing hidden from one another! LOL... I actually put some thought into the thing!! Oh and the pic is Dags and I on our wedding day... of course!

3 comments:

  1. Wow and you were worried about doing these!!!!!! I have no idea why Mistra - they are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree simply stunning Mistra...
    Love what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. drooling here! very very nice, I'd happily display one of these little treasures on my ATC star wall :)

    ReplyDelete