Monday 2 July 2012

Embrace Your Imagination, Reverse Canvas - Green Tara


Hi everyone... today I have a reverse canvas to share with you!  I love creating these, they always turn out different and have a mind of their own I'm sure.

This one started out as brown tones, and ended up quite pink, which was lucky because I had just the perfect Green Tara flowers for it!



I have used loads of the Burgundy Petals in various sizes on here, some underneath the impasto medium to give a 'shadow' of the petals, and others to create my own ultra boofy flowers by folding in half, then in half again and wrapping with more halved layers until I get a gorgeous full bloom.  These flat petals are a favourite of mine on my mixed media work, because of their wonderful versatility!


I have also used some 3cm Pink and White Roses, sweet 1.5cm Fuschia Roses and the lovely 3cm Burgundy Velvet Leaves.


Clusters of the handmade blooms using the Petal layers.


A close up on the words... the lace behind is a vintage doily that used to grace my grandparents home.






... some Dusty Attic chipboard, always perfect for creating lovely scenes!



And a final snippet of the corner embie cluster... love those Roses softening the chipboard corner flourish!



I hope you all liked my reverse canvas... each new one I create becomes a favourite, making them ever so hard to part with when the time comes!!

Until next time, take care and be true to you!!

Mis xo



Product List

Green Tara:
3cm Roses - Pink - FDR024P
3cm Roses - White - FDR024Wh
1.5cm Roses - White - FDR003Wh 
7cm Petals - Burgundy - FDS021Burg

Chipboard:
Dusty Attic Birdcage #6
Dusty Attic Picket Fence Border
Dusty Attic Corner Flourish #2

Bling:
ZVA Creative Crystal Flourish

Colour:
Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx {Truffle, Wisteria}
Clearsnap Smooch Accent Ink {Mocha, Taffy & Shabby Pink}
Lindys Stamp Gang Starburst Stains

Medium:
Jo Sonya Warm White Acrylic Paint
Impasto
Plaid Glass Finish
Inkssentials Crackle Accents

Other:
Gauze
7 Gypsies Ring Dangles {Crystal}
7 Gypsies collage Tissue {Paris}
Vintage Crocheted Doily
Kaiser Sparklers
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Chit Chat Stickers
 


6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! You are really good at making these canvases! So many pretty details, love all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is beautiful. I truly look foward to seeing your next creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. I love the "shadowed" flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Mistra. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is so exquisite. love the way you have combined the colors, just perfect xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of your creations is better than the last. The details amaze me. Thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete