Saturday 22 December 2012

Art Journal Pages - Donna Salazar Designs

As promised, here are some of the pages I have created for my arty journal.   They are just 'play' pages so likely don't make much sense, but they're fun!!  

For this one I've use modelling paste over a butterfly stencil and then made a mess on the right hand page with more modelling paste LOL!  I've added some Collections butterflies, german scrap, some words etc and then spritzed with River Mossy, Ice Rink and Caramel Latte Smooch Spritz, then added white paint, more spritz and yeah... just kept adding layers!




This one was fun... 


I layed down some modelling paste, the right hand page below also had a stencil... although by the time I added everything it's hidden.  I've added Mix'd Media Inx in... ummmm ok, I actually can't remember what colours LOL!  I know there was chiffon and peaches... sorry, this is what happens when you just let go and play, you end up with a whole pile of mess on the desk and art forming in the middle of it!

I've sprayed some Smooch Spritz in Cosmic Pink and Tea Party, and let them drip together and into the grooves left from the stencil.  Then I thought I'd let some crackle accents run over it... although it added some wonderful gloss it didn't crackle, but that will likely be because the colours underneath were still wet.  

I added some canvas butterflies cut using Donna's Wonderful Wings dies... because I love them, I'm thinking there will be a book filled with butterflies once this is done!  I decided to use the butterflies to help convey the message I've used on the page: "Be of use, Don't be used".  These were sprayed with Tea Party Smooch Spritz, the one on the left page had bling added to represent the bright and happy feeling that 'being of use' is to me.  I've covered the one on the right hand page with paint and smudged it to represent the tattered and frayed feeling you have when you realise you have been used and taken for granted.  Luckily for me, this doesn't happen often... I'm blessed having some wonderfully appreciative people around me!  


I've added a Dusty Attic Picket Fence {an old favourite - yeah I know, all DA chippies are LOL} offcut to help create a 'scene' to the page because this one had so much space.  This was overlayed roughly with modelling paste and a paper doily, then spritzed with Tea Party Smooch Spritz and white paint.  I really love the rough look of this side of the spread!

All my pages are odd sizes, some small, some big, different positions, different paper stocks... I like the randomness, it helps fuel that arty side I'm trying to free.  I've found some quotes that have called to me over the last year and am using them to add to, or to kick start the pages I'm working on.  I'll be adding things that I love in here, my Donna Salazar inks, colours and papers, Dusty chippies, Green Tara ribbons and trims... anything that's flat enough and hiding in my 'left-over, put away later' basket!  So it will be a book of positive affirmations, happy colours and lots of wonderful play!!

Thanks for visiting, take care and be true to you!

Mis xo

www.mistrabutterfly.blogspot.com

Products used:

Paper
GCD Mix'd Media Stax - Manilla, Watercolour Paper

Chipboard
Dusty Attic Picket Fence

Colour
Clearsnap Smooch Spritz - River Mossy, Ice Rink, Caramel Latte, Tea Party, Cosmic Pink
Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx Chox - Midnight
Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx - Peaches, Chiffon
Dusty Attic Acrylic Paint - Alabaster

Mediums
Mont Marte Modelling Paste
Dusty Attic Crackle Accents

Dies
Spellbinders Wonderful Wings

Other
Collections Paris Butterflies
Paper Doily
Want 2 Scrap Canvas
Want 2 Scrap Wonderful Wings Bling
Tattered Angels Stencil
German Scrap
Tim Holtz Ideology Chit Chat Stickers

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous pages all of them! Love all the different effects you have achieved just playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the first one (well all of them really) but that one caught my eye. It's such fun created these pages and it seems the messier we get with paint, ink and glue the better we feel. Have a lovely holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, even if they were just for play, these are absolutely amazing!! Fantastic techniques!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty Mistra! Love the mix of color and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! Love the sentiment you've included. The texture is so cool and the colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete