Wednesday 12 December 2012

Iddy Hat Box - Green Tara



When my hubby was working, he bought home a little brown 'hat box' for me to decorate, thinking I'd like it.  He's pretty clever because I sure did!  It actually started out as a container for industrial 'o-rings' and often the boxes are stained from oil inside, but this one was perfect.  I finally found just the right everything to get it made!


I dabbed white paint on the exposed areas and covered the top and around the outside with some gorgeous new papers from Glitz Design.

Underneath the rim of the lid I adhered some Green Tara lace Trim, and added some sweet butterflies flittering about.



I added a cluster of Green Tara flowers in matching colours.  One of the Cherry Blossoms I sprayed with watered down aqua paint to get just the shade I needed, then added a couple of big organza bows.

The inside edge of the lid was trimmed with some Loop Trim, which finishes the edge of nicely.

Thanks for visiting... until next time, take care of you!  Mis xo

Products used:

Flowers

Ribbons


Patterned Paper
Glitz Cashmere Dame - Floral, Chevron

Chipboard
Dusty Attic Flutterbies #3


Other
Dusty in Colour Acrylic Paint - Alabaster, Mountain Meadow
Clearsnap Fairy Dust Glitter - Sugar Shimmer
Clearsnap Glue Gloss
Websters Chipboard Button

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful love what you did with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this hat box Mistra. It's so beautiful and feminine and the colours and style you have chosen are perfect. Stunning project :)

    ReplyDelete