Monday 1 April 2013

True Romance - Green Tara



Hi everyone... today I have another snapshot from my trip to New York.  These are just a few of all the carriages lined up outside Central Park, waiting to take lovers for a romantic ride through the park, or a couple of dorky tourists, either works LOL.

I loved the red in this shot, love red!  But it's rarely a colour I scrap.  I was away at retreat when I created this so I didn't have quite the right flower colours with me, so to get just the right colour I sprayed some Pincushion Flowers, 3cm Roses and Apple Blossoms with Holly Berries SmoochSpritz.  I've sprayed the paper flowers before, but have always been hesitant with the fabric ones... Di reassured me it works a treat and it does, so so easy!  


I've added some Cherry Blossoms white for some lovely contrast.  The Cherry Blossoms are one of my favourite 'tuck in' flowers, they always fit perfectly into empty spots and look equally as good in a cluster or by themselves.   Here I've tucked one into a tear in my distressed edge and added a little bit of Silver Diamante Trim for a little bit of sparkle.



Tucked in here and there is some beautiful OffWhite Lace trim, topped with more Silver Diamante Trim.  I've even found a gorgeous little carriage charm in my stash from Handmade Halo, how perfect!


A gorgeous cluster of red and white... Pincushion and Sakura Fabric Flowers, Cherry Blossoms and Apple Blossoms, pretty Lace and elegant Silver Diamante Trim and a sweet little chipboard heart... true romance!


... and sweet Dusty Attic Flutterby adds that last little bit of perfection to the layout.



Thanks for stopping by, I hope you like this layout as much as I do... there's just something about red and white and romance!

 photo Signature250_zpsdd4c2565.png


Green Tara Products used:

10mm Wave Silver Diamante Trim RBY25
2cm Off White Lace L2895OW
White Cherry Blossoms FLC22Wh
6cm Butter Pincushion Soft Fabric Flower XF9320Bu
5cm White Sakura Silk and Pearl Flower XF9221Wh
Ivory Apple Blossoms FDV044Iv

Other Products used:

Patterned Paper
DCWV Old World Stack
Paper Inklings

Chipboard:
Dusty Attic Heart Buttons
Dusty Attic Flutterbies #3
Dusty Attic Mini ABC Set Lower
Dusty Attic Mini Script ABC Set

Colour:
Clearsnap Smooch Spritz - Holly Berries
Dusty Attic Dusty in Colour - Alabaster
Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx Embossing - Jasmine
Clearsnap Fairy Dust Glitter - Pralines n' Cream

Other:
Handmade Halo Silver Charms
White Paper Doily




No comments:

Post a Comment